Sunday, July 31, 2016

geylang serai hari raya bazaar

Hello! This post comes pretty late considered Hari Raya ended quite a while ago but! I shall still post about our visit anyway because I really enjoyed it + the photos came out really nice.
A few weeks ago, we visited the annual Geylang Serai Hari Raya Bazaar because we heard good reviews about the food and wanted to see all the interesting things being sold there -
Our first stop was the Ice Burnz drinks store where we all bought Thai iced milk tea
(we were super thirsty + it was hot hot hot out)
Leepoop and me and the story of my disastrous poofy bangs
(I've since decided to rid myself of the bangs HAHAHA can't seem to pull it off)

Jaclyn + Cynthia + their cup of tea

Jits and I actually wanted to share and try out the Kinder Bueno milkshake but it was kind of expensive and probably wouldn't be enough to quench our thirst so we didn't buy it in the end :-( Maybe next time! Nonetheless, our Thai iced milk tea was an A++++ and super worth the money (it was $3 I think)

We walked around quite a bit and realised that many of the stalls were closed because it was late afternoon and the bazaar really only came to life during the evening/night so :-(

Stopped by the squid store since Leepoop and Yengho wanted to try + it was one of the few stores open

Tried out the ice rollies (these can be found literally everywhere in the bazaar) !!!
Banana + Strawberry flavoured goodness!
I think it was priced at around $5 - definitely going to eat this again


Afterwards Leepoop, Yengho + her parents and I visited Momolato for more ice cream !!!

We spent a loooooong time trying to find it but it was worth the walking

Paddlepop pudding!
Didn't try it but the colours are just appeasing to the eye LOL

Little one getting henna done!
I actually wanted to try too but it was in the middle of a school week so no :-(

I really enjoyed exploring the bazaar (I wished I'd taken more photos!) - the colour and culture of it all :-) Definitely visiting this place again next year!
Thought of trying out the Korean spicy yoghurt (basically Korean spicy sauce on yoghurt) but we didn't have the guts ??? like we were scared we wouldn't like it and end up wasting it so we didn't buy it in the end :-( This is definitely on my list of Things-to-try-next-year at the Hari Raya Bazaar (along with the spiral potato on a stick, cheese takoyaki and so many other things)
Till next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment